Coloring Eggs

>> Sunday, October 16, 2011

English classes were full of fun the last week of April. In preparation for our Spring Festival my counterpart and I were mainly doing dress rehearsals with each class. But I needed some help from my older kids. Metanet teaches most of the younger forms but occasionally gets an older group. This year our kids are in 8th form and they are hilarious. They've stopped being so cautious around me and now we just have a really fun time. So this final week before our big Spring Festival consisted of learning all about spring holidays. We talked about St Patty's Day, Novruz, May Day, Mardi Gras, Easter, etc. But one day we did a little activity to go with our discussion of spring holidays around the world. Coloring Easter Eggs!

The second the dye was brought out, it got a bit crazy. The kids all thought that I was weird carrying a tray of eggs and they didn't quite get why I made them bring in hard boiled eggs themselves. I did a mini demo on how to use the spoons to dip eggs and all of a sudden I was swarmed. The kids were so into it. Oh man and don't even get me started on the magic crayon. Their own pens were soon brought out and many different crazy eggs came out. Since they were so excited I won't lie, a lot of eggs ended up turning brown. But they were equally as excited about their brown eggs, hilarious. We finished up with wearing face masks and beaded necklaces talking about Mardis Gras. I'm told that they would like to have a parade next year to play in a band. Who knows?

0 comments:

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP